This one-day, tutor-led online course is designed for CEO’s, Directors, Assistant Directors, Heads of Department etc. It can be delivered in one day or two half days.
As a senior member of your organisation you need a broad understanding of compliance. You need to understand the skills required by those who have day to day responsibilities for compliance in your organisation and to effectively manage them from a compliance point of view. Importantly you must also know your legal compliance obligations and more importantly that your organisation is meeting (or preferably exceeding) those obligations. Ultimately you could be liable for any shortcomings.
This one-day guided learning event will give you an introduction to Asset and Building Management Compliance in the following areas:
Consider the following – are you confident that you have the correct people, processes, procedures and information in place? If you are unsure – then this course is for you!
- How do you manage the gas and electrical compliance regime of your organisation and what areas of the business it impacts upon? How do you ensure that all aspects of safety are controlled across all operations undertaken by the organisation?
- How do you manage and control the work of your external or in-house contractors? If contractors are external, you need to ensure the information you have regarding their credentials is sufficient to demonstrate you are taking all reasonable steps to ensure they are competent to undertake the work they are conducting for you.
- Can you satisfy yourself that Legionella is appropriately controlled and is not a danger to your tenants who use or encounter water systems? Do you understand the Health and Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice ACOP L8 – Legionnaires’ disease and the Duty Holders responsibility?
- Are you confident there are processes in place to effectively manage asbestos in buildings and meet your requirements as defined within The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012? Are your able to identify who the “Duty Holder” is under Regulation 4 – Duty to manage asbestos? Is there a comprehensive “Assessment Plan” in place, is this being regularly being reviewed and updated?
- Have you identified who is responsible for Fire Safety, can your organisation fulfil your obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005?
- Do you have lifts in your organisation? Do you understand how to apply LOLER and PUWER and when the Health and Safety at Work etc Act will apply. Have you organised “Thorough Examinations”?
- Are all your nominated Duty Holders aware of their responsibilities and are fully compliant?
There is a short summative assessment at the end of the course.
A useful course information check sheet is given to all delegates.
This course is a tutor-led online course and is run on demand. Contact us to arrange your date to learn! email@example.com
All training is now offered online until further notice, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please contact us to arrange a date. Courses are now offered on-demand.
To download our PROSPECTUS or BOOKING FORM click here
To find out more please call: 01256 548040
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org