Demonstrate your knowledge of electrical safety management in Social Housing with a nationally recognised qualification
Do you need a greater understanding of electrical safety to enable you to carry out your role?
Would a professional qualification show your commitment to electrical safety?
The Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing has been designed for management in social housing who have responsibility for the safety of electrical appliances and installations in their tenants’ properties. It builds an understanding of electrical dangers, landlord responsibilities and legislation, in particular the Electricity at Work Regulations, IET Wiring Regulations and the Health & Safety at Work Act.
Who is the qualification for?
The qualification is for anyone in Social Housing responsible for electrical safety management, including those who may not have an electrical background or technical qualification but need to have a good understanding of electrical issues. These roles might include Asset Manager, Mechanical & Electrical Manager, FM Manager, Contract Manager, Cyclical Works Manager, Compliance Manager, Technical Safety Officer/Manager or people wishing to progress their career opportunities.
Download our Learner Profiles here: Learner Profiles
The Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing is a one day guided learning event taken by experienced tutors, followed by self-study modules and the development of a portfolio. The qualification can be completed at your own pace, normally within twelve months.
The qualification consists of five units:
- Statutory and Non-Statutory Requirements
To achieve a good appreciation of statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to electrical equipment, installations and maintenance
- Understanding Circuits, Definitions, Installation Methods and Classification Types
Encompasses the knowledge required to reduce the possibility of electrical shocks
- Procedure for the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
An understanding of the principles and reasons for the in-house inspection and testing of electrical installations and equipment.
- Managing Electrics in Social Housing
An understanding of the requirements of a manager who is responsible for managing electrical operatives in the field.
- Electrical Safety and Responsibilities
Covers the responsibilities a manager might encounter to ensure electrical safety is not compromised
Course dates for the Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing are:
- Leeds – 31st January 2018
- Glasgow – 14th February 2018
- London – 6th March 2018
- Bristol – 13th March 2018
- Birmingham – 14th March 2018
- Manchester – 20th March 2018
- Belfast – 22nd March 2018
- Leeds – 15th May 2018
- Bristol – 17th May 2018
- Glasgow – 22nd May 2018
- Birmingham – 24th May 2018
- Manchester – 5th June 2018
- London – 13th June 2018
- Newcastle – 26th June 2018
- Birmingham – 11th September 2018
- Leeds – 12th September 2018
- Manchester – 26th September 2018
- London – 27th September 2018
- Glasgow – 3rd October 2018
- Bristol – 4th October 2018
- Leeds – 7th November 2018
- Bristol – 13th November 2018
- Birmingham – 15th November 2018
- London – 21st November 2018
- Manchester – 4th December 2018
Courses can also be delivered in-house on request.
The Course costs £1395 + VAT
Download the datasheet for the Electrical Level 4 VRQ HERE!
Download the Booking Form HERE!
To find out more information or to book a place on this course please call 01256 548040
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please go to the Electrical Students pages HERE for Technical Information to support you in your studies. You will need a password and login to access these pages.