Police in County Sligo have said the deaths of a man and his two children on Sunday night look like an accident, possibly caused by carbon monoxide.
They were discovered around 21:40 GMT on Sunday by a relative who called at their home in Gurteen.
The man, who was 52, was sitting in a chair in the living room. His 12-year-old daughter and nine-year-old son were lying on the floor.
There was no-one else in the house at the time.
Two dogs were also found dead.
It is understood the children’s mother was not at the house because she was ill in hospital.
Emergency services were called to the scene and a local doctor pronounced the three dead shortly before 23:00 GMT.
It is believed the family came to the area from England five or six years ago.