Investigations are continuing into how a mother died on a family holiday after becoming overcome by fumes in a tent.
Mother’s Aberafon campsite tent death ‘not suspicious’
Her two children, aged four and seven, and husband were also taken to hospital, where their condition was described on Tuesday as comfortable.
North Wales Police are not treating the death at the Aberafon campsite at Gyrn Goch, Gwynedd, on Monday as suspicious.
It is thought fumes from a barbecue may have overcome the family, who are from Chesterfield in Derbyshire.
Hospital officials say the father and children may be discharged later once the man has been assessed further.
Officers arrived at the Aberafon camping site at Gyrn Goch at 09:30 BST on Monday. One councillor said it was a shock to hear of “such a tragedy”.
Police have not confirmed the cause, and say they are still looking into what happened.
Sgt David Hughes said: “At the moment we are not treating the matter as suspicious, we’re treating it as an unexplained death.
“It’s too early to give a clear indication of what caused this lady to pass away.”
The owners of the site are said to be too distressed to talk.
A post-mortem examination will be held.
The woman’s husband, also in his 30s, was expected to be kept in overnight at Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor.
Owain Williams, a county councillor for the area, said: “I haven’t spoken to the owners yet but I imagine it’s a deep shock for them as well.
“I run a caravan site myself and I know and understand how I would feel in such a situation.
“It’s quite horrific I should imagine.”
The family had arrived at the site on Saturday.