Students keep gas safe
According to HSE statistics, every year around 15 people die from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Don’t become a statistic; there are things you can do to keep yourself safe. By law, your landlord has to make sure that the gas appliances supplied in your rented accommodation are safe for you to use. Your landlord also has to provide you with a copy of the landlords gas safety check record either prior to moving in or within 28 days of the annual check being completed if you are an existing tenant. As a student, gas safety may not be your top priority, but knowing your rights when you rent could save your life.
- Students keep gas safe 
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas. Don’t mistake the symptoms for a hangover.
- Will you wake up? – Guidance for students using gas appliances in rented accommodation