The Level 2 VRQ has been designed specifically for front line social housing staff to help raise their awareness of gas safety issues so that they can better carry out their roles within Social Housing.
The course delivers a recognised qualification which demonstrates the commitment of Housing Associations to gas safety with relevant, quality training. Designed specifically for housing staff in the frontline of gas safety every day, it would suit roles such as Housing Officers, Social Workers, Surveyors, Maintenance Operatives, Call Centre Staff, Gas Admin Staff and Voids Officers.
The qualification, training and associated study unit have been designed by CORGI and accredited by EAL.
The course consists of a half day training programme, followed by a written assessment consisting of multiple choice questions and short answer responses, which is delivered by an experienced gas expert from CORGI’s training team. It covers these areas:-
- Gas awareness – an understanding of how gas behaves as it leaks and how it burns safely
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) awareness – an explanation of how CO is produced, what it does to the body and how to recognise the symptoms of CO poisoning
- CO Detection – understanding the safety measures that can reduce the risk of CO poisoning
- Safe gas appliances – identifying good combustion and unsafe appliances/installations
- Landlord Responsibilities and Legislation – an overview of the legal requirements placed on Social Landlords
- Gas Safe Registration – an understanding of the registration requirements and how to check operatives qualifications
- Dealing with reports of fumes and gas escapes – how to keep your customers/tenants safe in their homes
Course dates for the CORGI Level 2 VRQ in Gas Safety Awareness in Social Housing are:-
- Bristol – 30th January 2019
- Glasgow – 31st January 2019
- Birmingham – 19th February 2019
- Leeds – 26th February 2019
- Belfast – 6th March 2019
- Manchester – 7th March 2019
- London – 12th March 2019
- Nottingham – 14th March 2019
- Glasgow – 4th April 2019
- Bristol – 7th May 2019
- Birmingham – 14th May 2019
- Leeds – 15th May 2019
- Glasgow – 11th June 2019
- London – 20th June 2019
- Manchester – 20th June 2019
- Birmingham – 10th July 2019
- Bristol – 17th September 2019
- London – 3rd October 2019
- Belfast – 10th October 2019
- Birmingham – 30th October 2019
- Glasgow – 13th November 2019
- Manchester – 26th November 2019
- Leeds – 4th December 2019
- London – 10th December 2019
Please check back regularly for up-to-date training dates. If the published dates are not convenient for you, please contact us to discuss your requirements. We can also run courses at your premises subject to minimum numbers.
The course costs £399 + vat
In-house courses can also be run on request.
Download a pdf of the datasheet HERE:- Corgi Level2 VRQ datasheet Social Housing