News & Views

Three North East housing groups plan merger in bid to build hundreds more homes

Three North East social landlords have announced plans to merge in a bid to build hundreds more homes in the region.   Newcastle-based Isos Housing and group partner Cestria Community Housing are finalising a merger with County Durham-based Derwentside Homes in a move to form one region-wide organisation with more than 23,000 homes.

Suspended sentence for unregistered gas worker

A man has been fined and given a suspended prison sentence after working on a number of boilers without being Gas Safe registered. High Wycombe Crown Court heard how Philip Locke carried out work on a boiler in 2013 without being registered, faults were later found with the boiler. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) […]

Landlord prosecuted for gas safety failings

Preston Landlord has been given a suspended prison sentence after failing to ensure gas appliances in one of her properties were checked for safety. Preston Magistrates Court heard that following a concern received from Preston City Council about the gas appliances in a property on Alvern Avenue in Fulwood, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) […]

Unregistered gas fitter fined

An unregistered gas fitter from Farnborough has been prosecuted for carrying out illegal gas work which was found to be unsafe. Basingstoke Magistrates’ court heard how Mr Fergus Leask, who also trades as Eldan Plumbing, had assured the homeowner that he was Gas Safe Registered. When he was unable to supply the gas safe certificate months […]

Ryan Dempsey joins CORGI Technical Services

CORGI Technical Services are delighted to welcome Ryan Dempsey MIET to our growing team as Director of Electrical Safety. Ryan has a wealth of experience in the electrical industry. He started off his career in the Royal Navy and eventually went on to work for Leeds City Council as their Electrical Services Manager for 5 […]

Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership (DGHP) has been fined after pleading guilty to failing to identify a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning to visitors and residents at the two properties.

The firm’s director of housing services Jayne Moore said: “These incidents should not have happened. “We fully appreciate the seriousness of thismatter and the potential consequences of our actions.” DGHP pleaded guilty at Dumfries Sheriff Court this week to failing to carry out sufficient checks before authorising works to chimneys at one of the premises […]

Page 1 of 10312345...102030...Last »