Welcome to the Association of Gas Safety Managers.
The Association is a membership organisation for all managers who are responsible for gas safety management within their organisation and are either studying for or have completed the Level 4 VRQ in Gas Safety Management. The Association aims to address industry issues with key stakeholders and provide members with support, peer group networking and other benefits.
Members of the Association have achieved an industry recognised qualification in Gas Safety Management which demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of safety legislation, compliance issues and the management of gas safety in their organisations. Currently this qualification is offered in Social Housing and Facilities Management sectors by CORGI Technical Services.
The Association of Gas Safety Managers gives members –
- Networking opportunities with their peer group. Networking events have been set up to run in parallel with the established Gas Forum events
- Forums for sharing best practice. Workshops are also available to members as part of the Gas Forum programme
- A means for the dissemination of the latest information on compliance issues
- One voice from their industry sectors to government departments and other bodies
- Personal development and CPD opportunities
- A recognised status as a qualified or studying Gas Safety Manager belonging to a pro-active peer group in your industry
- An Annual Conference – The first Annual Conference will be run on 24 April 2013 with top speakers, networking and an opportunity to share best practice
- Newsletters with the latest news from the Association, members and relevant national news
- Dedicated website pages and Members’ area
- Awards ceremonies for newly qualified gas safety managers and as recognition of special achievements
A new website for the Association will be launched in autumn 2012.