News & Views

Man and woman found dead in Dublin flat

Irish police are investigating the deaths of a man and a woman whose bodies were found in a flat in north inner city Dublin. It is believed they may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. The discovery was made in Drumalee Court in Stoneybatter at about 12.30 GMT. The man, in his 60s, had been […]

Gas fitter charged over teenage Castlerock deaths

A gas fitter from Coleraine has appeared in court charged in connection with the deaths of two teenagers. Aaron Davidson and Neil McFerran, both 18, died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a holiday apartment in Castlerock, County Londonderry, in August 2010. George Brown, 51, of Ballygawley Road, Aghadowey, appeared at Coleraine Magistrates Court on Monday. […]

Unregistered gas fitter fined for dangerous defects

An unregistered gas fitter from Morden has been fined for endangering a Tooting family after he illegally and unsafely fitted a new boiler at their home. Mr Mussrat Ahamed was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) as a result of installing unsafe gas fittings in a family’s rented property on Graveney Road, Tooting, […]

£125M Green Deal Cashback Scheme Opens

“Energy saving has never been so attractive” – that’s the message from Edward Davey today as he announced the Green Deal Cashback Scheme is open, with hundreds of pounds of cash available to householders in England and Wales who make energy saving home improvements. Householders who use the Green Deal to make improvements such as […]