A wide ranging programme of topics and discussions which are crucial to gas management in social housing has been announced for the Gas Safety Management Conference 2015. The speakers include senior industry experts, senior management from leading housing providers and highly experienced gas managers.
The Gas Safety Management Conference 2015 is taking place on Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th April 2015 at Heythrop Park in Oxfordshire and will be attended by over 250 gas, asset and senior managers from social housing. Collectively the delegates are responsible for the gas safety of over 2.5 million social housing homes. The Conference is organised by CORGI Technical Services and the Association of Gas Safety Managers (AGSM).
Claire Heyes, CEO of CORGI Technical Services and the AGSM said: “The Conference programme covers some topics that are of enormous significance to gas, asset and facilities management in social housing, who are dealing many challenges in carrying out their roles. Our speakers will be addressing the many changes to regulations that will have an impact, look at wider issues around their industry and give delegates an opportunity to voice their opinions to help drive forward the campaigns for change that the AGSM is currently spearheading.”
The Conference topics and speakers include:-
- Procurement for the Gas Manager
– Tim Oakley, Head of Technical at LHC
- Are you ready for the Regulator?
– Brent O’Halloran, Head of Asset Management, Hyde Group
- New water regulations and their impact on the role of gas managers
– Lord Rupert Redesdale, CEO of the Energy Managers Association
- Court Room Drama – delegates become the jury…
– with a barrister from Bond Solon
- AGSM National Gas Forum
– hear from gas managers and suppliers. Discuss key topical issues.
- Who put the ERP in ovERProcess?
– Martin Bridges, Director of Marketing & Technical Support, Worcester Bosch
- The tragic story of Katie who died from CO poisoning
– Gordon Samuel of Katie Haines Memorial Trust
- Latest on the Gas Access Campaign & Regulation changes
– Claire Heyes, CEO of CORGI Technical Services & the AGSM
– Mark Henderson, CEO of Home Group
- Group Competence Scheme – hear about the new scheme
– Neil Robertson, Chief Executive of Energy & Utility Skills Group
- Dr Barbara Hammond, CEO, Low Carbon Oxford
- Michael Gellow, Chair TAROE
- The Association of Gas Safety Managers – what next?
– Claire Heyes, CEO of the AGSM
- Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations 2014
– Matthew Hall, Director of Sycous Ltd
- On the up: FM coming of age
– Chris Moriartry, Head of Insight & Corporate Affairs, BIFM
- Leadership works – a visionary tale
– Maggie Smith, Centre for Leadership Innovation, University of Bedfordshire
The Conference also includes a large Exhibition of suppliers to the industry which runs throughout the two days of the Conference. In the evening of Tuesday 28th April, the AGSM Gas Safety Awards Dinner 2015 will take place when recognition will be given to organisations and individuals for their achievements in gas safety management.
For more details about the Conference Programme and how to book tickets please go to www.agsm.uk.com