H & V News has become a Media Partner for the Gas Safety Management Conference 2014 which is taking place on Tuesday 29th & Wednesday 30th April 2014 at The Belfry, West Midlands.
The 2014 Gas Safety Management Conference, which is for managers in social housing and facilities management responsible for gas safety, is being organised by CORGI Technical Services and tickets are now on sale.
Building on the success of the inaugural Conference in April this year, the 2014 Conference will run over two days, incorporating many of the ideas and suggestions that delegates said that they would like included in the next event. The objectives of the Conference are to:-
- develop further one voice for gas safety in the Social Housing and Facilities Management industry
- build leadership and recognition for Managers responsible for gas safety in Social Housing and Facilities Management
- be a forum for the discussion of topical issues allowing delegates to network and learn from each other – it is a CPD recognised event
- help establish best practice and raise standards in the industry
- recognise significant achievements in gas safety management at a NEW Awards Dinner
Top quality speakers include a CEO from a Housing Association speaking on the impact for Boards of Directors of government initiatives on gas safety, a follow up on CO poisoning and awareness initiatives and discussion on CO procedures, a Court Room scenario – “when things go wrong” and sessions on managing teams and relationships and “sustainability & renewables” in Social Housing. The Conference will also incorporate the second National Inter Authority Gas Forum event and events for members of the Association of Gas Safety Managers (AGSM).
Taking place over two days, the Conference will run on Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th April 2014 at The Belfry (which has just undergone a major refurbishment) in the West Midlands and will include a new event, the AGSM Awards Dinner in the evening of Tuesday 29th April. The Awards will celebrate the achievements of gas managers, senior management in Social Housing and contractors working with them, to recognise initiatives, personal success and outstanding professional contributions to gas safety management within organisations.
Nominations for the Awards have opened and details about the categories and a Nomination Form can be found on the website www.agsm.uk.com . The closing date for nominations is Friday 31 January 2014.
The Gas Safety Management Conference 2014 timetable will be:-
Tuesday 29th April 2014
- AGSM Golf Tournament on the internationally recognised PGA golf courses at The Belfry
- Work groups and discussion forums running throughout the morning (for non-golfers)
- Half day of Conference, including a longer National Inter-Authority Gas Forum session
- AGSM Awards Dinner including drinks reception
Wednesday 30th April 2014
- Full day of Conference to include a central stream of keynote speakers and debates, smaller seminars and break-out sessions.
There will also be a large Exhibition of suppliers to the industry and other important organisations relevant to delegates running through both days of the Conference.
Inside Housing, which focuses on news and issues in Social Housing, is also a Media Partner for the Gas Safety Management Conference 2014.
Claire Heyes, Joint CEO of the organiser CORGI Technical Services and CEO of the AGSM, commented: “We are very pleased to have H&V News on board as Media Partner for the Conference. Following the success of the inaugural Conference this year, the 2014 Gas Safety Management Conference will include many new features including a glittering Awards Dinner, a bigger exhibition, top speakers and an expansion of the Conference to run over two days. We are delighted the H&V News will be supporting us in raising the profile of gas safety issues.”