Suspected carbon monoxide death at New Forest campsite
The man died at Red Shoot Camping Park near Ringwood
A man has died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a campsite in the New Forest in Hampshire.
A police spokesman confirmed the death on 15 July of 50-year-old Vincent Clare, from Milton Keynes, was not being treated as suspicious.
The spokesman added that there was speculation a gas barbecue had been taken into a tent.
Jacqui Oldfield, the owner of Red Shoot Camping Park, near Ringwood, said: “We are all very shocked and saddened.”
Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (Rospa) spokesperson Jo Bullock said: “It’s crucial not to take a barbecue into a tent – either for cooking or warmth – even if it is merely cooling down.”