Mark has over thirty years’ experience in the gas and building service industry, joining British Gas in 1990 as an engineer on the emergency response and commercial and domestic teams. After eight years with British Gas, Mark worked as an engineer and quality technician before developing and managing his own gas and heating business in 2000, working with clients including the NHS, social housing, commercial and private sector clients.
In 2009 Mark began teaching building services specialising in gas, water and renewable services, and developed into a fully qualified teacher, assessor and quality assurance manager for many awarding bodies and both gas and water competent person schemes. Mark contributed towards the development of ACS training centres and other building services qualifications and is an EngTech member of IGEM and member of IOSH.
Mark returned to project management within the industry in 2016, working with both social housing organisations and contracting companies, project managing and quality controlling multiple areas of compliance and operation.
Mark joined CORGI Technical Services in 2017 and was part of the CORGI Technical Services team that carried out the investigation and report for the gas infrastructure within Grenfell Tower following the fire.
Meet the team
- Bill PatonChairman
- Chris EdwardsElectrical Technical Safety Manager
- Chris JonesTechnical Safety Manager
- Claire HeyesChief Executive
- Joe BeesleyTechnical Safety Manager
- John GregoryTechnical Manager
- John VaughanTechnical Safety Manager - Northern Ireland
- Kevin WinshipTechnical Safety Manager
- Kim MorrisHead of Training & Membership
- Mark BakerTechnical Safety Manager
- Mark DuffyTechnical Safety Manager
- Peter CartyTechnical Safety Manager
- Sam BrowneClient Support Director
- Trevor BattTechnical Safety Manager