TWO children and a woman were taken to hospital after suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on a boat on Windermere at the weekend.
Liverpool Coastguard said they received a call from Cumbria Police at 6.37pm on Saturday to help two young children and two adults onboard a Bayliner motor cruiser.
A spokesman from the coastguard said the children had become ‘unwell and urgently needed to be taken ashore’.
Lake wardens were also dispatched to assist the group.
Both children and the adult woman were taken by ambulance to Royal Lancaster Infirmary as a precaution. All three have since been released.
A spokeswoman from the North West Ambulance service said the incident was caused by suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
The incident comes just one week after a mother and daughter died following breathing difficulties on a boat on Windermere.
Results of a post mortem are pending but it is suspected the two died from carbon monoxide poisoning.